EIM 2011 Conference (Sept. 28-29, 2011)
- September 30, 2011: EIM 2011 was a great success. The Proceedings are available online. Thanks to everyone for the tremendous contributions and rich discourse.
- Aug 26, 2011: EIM 2011 Detailed Program released; also note that discounted registration is available until September 1, at which point registration prices rise. Spread the word!
- Aug 17, 2011: EIM 2011 Program at-a-glance released
- July 23, 2011: Several deadline reminders, including that Poster abstracts and Birds of a Feather session applications are due July 31, and that most discounted room rates expire on August 15th -- see the Lodging page for details.
- June 16, 2011: DataONE is holding a DataONE Implementation Workshop immediately following EIM on September 30, 2011 in Santa Barbara -- plan your travel accordingly.
- June 15, 2011: Early registration extended one day to 6/17/2011 due to technical issues with the registration site.
- May 23, 2011: Submission deadline for papers extended to June 5, 2011; See Call for Papers
- May 4, 2011: Registration Prices and Online Registration are now available; register before June 15 for significant savings!
- April 5, 2011: Information on Lodging and Accommodations provided.
- March 23, 2011: A Manuscript Template has been provided for submissions, and guidelines for References Cited have been updated in the Author Guidelines.
- March 7, 2011: Call for Papers and Call for Birds of a Feather Sessions released.
EIM provides a forum for information managers, scientists, and informatics researchers to present and discuss advances in environmental information management, analysis, and modeling. EIM 2011 invites original, short papers (6 pages) on environmental information management. Papers that are accepted after peer-review will be presented as 15 minute oral presentations. The conference will also include a Poster session and Birds of a Feather sessions. Submissions focusing on the conference theme ‘Data Interoperability for Synthesis Science' are encouraged, and additional topics for submissions include (but are not limited to):
- Sensor networking and deployment
- Data acquisition, field-computing devices
- Quality control processing
- Data archival for long-term persistence
- Metadata generation, storage, and management
- Metadata-driven data analysis services
- Data and metadata semantics, controlled vocabularies, and ontologies
- Analysis and modeling frameworks
- Data and metadata versioning and lineage
- Visualization tools
- Geospatial tools, applications, and standards
- Sociology of collaboration and data sharing
- Data Interoperability for Synthesis Science
|Paper submission deadline||2011-05-27||2011-06-05|
|Author revisions due||2011-07-22||2011-08-05|
|Poster abstracts due||2011-07-31|
|BoF Session Proposals due||2011-07-31|
|Conference dates||2011-09-28 to 29|
|Early||until 6/15/2011 6/17/2011||$175.00|
|Regular||6/16/2011 thru 9/1/2011||$225.00|
|Late/On-site||9/2 - 9/28/2011||$275.00|